Pistachio Yoghurt Cardamom CakeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 Cup Un-salted pistachio nuts shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. "Castella" ground cardamom shopping list
- 5 1/2 Oz. Un-salted butter (chopped) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups Self-Raising flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cups Super fine sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 Cup Plain Greek Style yoghurt shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F.
- Grease an 8" inch round cake pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Place the pistachios and cardamom in a food processor and pulse until just chopped.
- Add the butter, flour and 3/4 cup of the super fine sugar and pulse for another 20 seconds, or until crumbly in texture.
- Add the combined eggs and yoghurt and pulse again for 10 seconds, or until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and smooth the surface before baking.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- To make the syrup, peel the zest off the lime with a vegetable peeler or zester.
- Remove any white pith from the zest.
- Place the remaining super fine sugar and 3 1/2 oz. Water in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Bring to a boil, the add the lime zest and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool slightly.
- Pierce the cake with a few skewer holes and pour the hot syrup over the entire cooled cake.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
I will never get through all your recipes but this is spectacular. You have my 5.mmmmgood in loved it
I love the flavors in this...great recipe! A 5 in my book!linspj in New Hartford loved it
It is sure a 55555 to me, thanks Jm!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it