Cream Filled Pumpkin CupcakesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening ( see note in directoons ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in vanilla if desired.
- Gradually add the cornstarch mixture, beating until light and fluffy.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each cupcake.
- Carefully remove tops and set aside.
- Spoon or pipe filling into cupcakes.
- Replace tops.
- Note: for the filling: suggested by a fellow foodie: When making pumpkin whoopie pies, use cream cheese instead of shortening and add a pinch of nutmeg in the filling. The taste is exceptional with with the pumpkin.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
These sounds great! The grandkids will love them!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Oh my gosh Midgelet, this recipe is so calling me ;)
It's absolutely perfect for a bake sale that I am contributing to. Thank you so much for posting this "5" fork beauty.lor in Toronto loved it
sounds perfect combinationherby in Albany loved it