Peanut Butter and Jelly BarsFrom momoften 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups jam flavor of choice (18 oz. jar worked). shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Grease a 9x13-in. baking pan.
- Combine the butter and sugars.
- Stir in the vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture just until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough into the pan and pat out flat.
- Spread the jelly of choice over this layer.
- Break the remaining dough into little pieces and sprinkle evenly over the jelly. The jelly will show through and the dough will spread during baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut.