Spaghetti With Fresh Tomatoes and Olive OilFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 small white onion minced shopping list
- 4 large ripe tomatoes peeled seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil minced shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water and stir in the spaghetti.
- Cook uncovered over high heat until pasta is tender but still firm to the bite.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 2 minutes then lower heat to medium low.
- Drain diced tomatoes and add to the onions stirring gently for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and basil then lower heat and gently simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Drain spaghetti into a strainer and add it to the sauté pan.
- Mix quickly over low heat until well combined.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.