Honey Nut Snack MixFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 cups toasted oat bran cereal shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked quick cooking oats shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl then set aside.
- Stir together butter, brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan over low heat stirring until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture stirring to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes stirring once.
- Stir in cranberries and bake 5 more minutes.
- Spread immediately on wax paper then cool.
- Store snack mix in an airtight container.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!