Lemon Blueberry TrifleFrom linspj 7 years ago
- 1 frozen prepared pound cake (16 ounces) shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk ( do not used skim) shopping list
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream (can be low fat) shopping list
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (can be Lite) shopping list
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) lemon instant pudding and pie filling (can use sugar free) shopping list
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 square (1 ounce) white chocolate for baking shopping list
How to make it
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; place in large colander bowl.
- Using a lemon Zester, make several lengthwise scores in one lemon, top to bottom; slice into 6 slices.
- Cut each slice in half and set aside for garnish.
- Zest remaining lemon using short strokes or use a microplane grater; set aside.
- Juice lemon.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over pound cake.
- In a bowl, combine milk, sour cream, half of the whipped topping and reserved lemon zest; whisk until smooth.
- Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
- Set aside 12 blueberries for garnish.
- To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of chilled bowl.
- Top with 1/3 of the blueberries.
- Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over blueberries.
- Top with of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly.
- Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated chocolate for garnish.
- Spread remaining pudding over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface.
- Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping.
- Decorate by piping 12 rosettes around edge of bowl. Place one lemon slice between rosettes and one reserved blueberry on each rosette. Grate remaining chocolate in center.
- Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings
- Source: Pampered Chef