Mickey Mantles chicken fried steak with gravyFrom dmajor 8 years ago
- 2 4-oz. filet mignon, pounded thin; don't shred or tear shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 3 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbls. fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- Cream gravy shopping list
- 3 tbls. butter shopping list
- 3 tbls. flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream or milk shopping list
- pinch salt and white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat butter until it boils.
- Add flour and cook (constantly stirring for about 2 minutes).
- Add cream, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine the following in one bowl: flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, chopped garlic and parsley.
- Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet.
- 3. Place each piece of meat in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, then back in flour mixture.
- Place in skillet.
- Cook about 3 minutes; flip over.
- 4. Cook about 3 more minutes.
- Place on paper towel to remove some of the oil.
- Place steak on plate and top with sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetable of choice.
- Garnish with sprig of parsley.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating4 people
Thanks for this wonderful, delicious recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
wow sounds great love it thanks very much for posting thisminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!