Chicken and Ham PieFrom npgale 6 years ago
- Pastry shopping list
- 200g Plain flour shopping list
- 100g of butter diced shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, beaten shopping list
- 3 tbsp of milk shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- I tin of mixed vegetables drained shopping list
- I tin of condensed cream of mushroom soup and half the tin again of milk. shopping list
- cooked chicken or turkey pieces (you can use up what is left over from a roast) shopping list
- Choppped cooked ham pieces (ask at your deli for left over pieces from cooked ham joints - this is a cheap option) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- One deep Pie dish. shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured work surface then leave to rest for 30 mins
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a mixing bowl then place into a pie dish.
- The Pie
- Roll out the pastry and cover the pie dish. Make a small in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape.
- You can place fancy pastry leaves on the top for decoration if you so wish
- Glaze the pastry with beaten together egg and milk. (you can use the left over glaze and the egg white from the pastry in scrambled egg the next day for breakfast...waste not want not so to speak!)
- Place in the oven and cook until the pastry is golden brown approx 40mins.
- The soup and the milk in the filling gives you the most wonderful tasting gravy.
- Serve with Veggies of your choice, new potatos or even mash potatos.