Smothered Pork ChopsFrom jemison 8 years ago
- 4-8 pork chops shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 c flour shopping list
- Lawry’s seasoning salt shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- ½ c milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ stick butter shopping list
- 1 ½ c oil shopping list
- 1 ½ c cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Season pork chops with garlic salt and pepper.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Mix flour and seasoning salt.
- Dip pork chop in egg mixture and coat with flour mixture.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and mushrooms in butter with garlic salt and set aside.
- Add 4 T of the left over oil to a skillet and the ½ cup of flour.
- Blend the flour into the oil until it is a smooth brown paste.
- Add water to flour mixture and stir until smooth; then add sauted mixture and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the chops and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes.