Swedish MeatballsFrom klo66 6 years ago
- 1lb Chop Meat shopping list
- 1 can 8oz - Auturo Gourmet Sauce (meatless w/ mushrooms) * shopping list
- 1 can Whole cranberry sauce shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup romano cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes or fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp onion salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1-2 cloves fresh garlic shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- * Auturo Gourmet Sauce - I find in various stores - Shop-Rite, A&P. It's usually down the tomato sauce isle. It's a small, red can with a little gourmet guy on the label. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix eggs, breadcrumbs, Romano cheese, parsley flakes, onion salt, garlic power, and salt and pepper.
- Add chop meat.
- Mix well.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add Auturo Gourmet Sauce and Cranberry Sauce (it won't look like much, but it melts down into more of a liquid and will be enough to cook all of the meatballs).
- Make small meatballs (about 1/2 inch in diameter) and drop them raw into the sauce. They will be much higher than the amount of sauce.
- Cover and cook on low - medium heat for half hour.
- DO NOT STIR w/ a SPOON, as the meatballs will be crushed.
- Gently shake the pot around to move the meatballs.
- Once they've cooked for 1/2 hour, you can stir them as usual.
- Cook for at least another 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
- They seem to taste better after you ahve heated them up for a second time. Make them early and re-heat before actually serving.
- This recipe is for 1lb of chop meat. I, of course, make more! Whenever there are leftovers, I serve to my family over large egg noodles.