Chocolate Mint CookiesFrom violetart 8 years ago
- 1 box Ritz crackers shopping list
- 1 package milk chocolate almond bark or candy coating shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. creme de menthe flavoring or peppermint extract shopping list
- if you can't find creme de menthe, you can use peppermint extract, though i highly recommend the creme de menthe flavoring shopping list
- parchment or waxed paper shopping list
- vegetable oil spray shopping list
How to make it
- In a double boiler or if you don't have one, spray a large saucepot with cooking spray
- Melt the chocolate coating on low until it's all melted
- turn off the heat
- add 1/8 tsp. mint flavoring to chocolate, or if you like a more minty cookie, add 1/4 tsp.
- stir well
- open packages of crackers and work quickly before the chocolate cools, add 2 to 4 crackers at a time to the chocolate, covering them. I use a fork to do this.
- Take out chocolate cookies and place them on the waxed or parchment paper
- Repeat until you have used up your chocolate.
- Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top of cookies with fork.
- Place cookies in refrigerator and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- A nice idea is stacking a few of them in paper muffin cups