Spicy Italian Sausage StewFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 3/4 lb. (12 oz.) hot italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz.) beef broth shopping list
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 cans (15-1/2 oz. each) kidney beans, drained, rinsed shopping list
- saltine crackers shopping list
How to make it
- COOK sausage, pepper and celery in large saucepan on medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain.
- ADD flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth, tomatoes with their liquid and beans. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- SERVE with crackers.
- I've made this several times and I added some onions to it. Used stewed tomatoes for the diced. Really good!