smothered pork chopsFrom frodo 7 years ago
- 4 pork chops shopping list
- 1 tea seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/4 tea pepper shopping list
- 1 tea garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tea onion powder shopping list
- all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings shopping list
- 1 lg onion sliced shopping list
- 3 tbl all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- wash chops and pat dry shopping list
- mix seasons and rub the chops use 1/4 teas per chop save the rest forthe gravy shopping list
How to make it
- lightly dust the chops with flour, heat drippings in a large heavy skillet. add chops and brown each side . approx 5 to 10 minutes
- remove chops to a warm paper toweled platter.
- remove all but 1/4 cup of the drippings from pan.
- add slices of onion and brown. add the flour the trick is to get the flour as brown as possible without burning it or the onion
- add water and stir
- return chops to pan- add sufficient water to cover.
- bring to a quick boil reduce to low
- cover and simmer about an hour or until pork is tender
- season to taste with additional seasonings