Ranch Bacon Pasta SaladFrom deedeec 5 years ago
- 1 pound corkscrew pasta (I like multi colored) shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, blanched, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 large red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half shopping list
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 2 oz. sliced black olives (heck... I use about a cup and I just halve them.) shopping list
- 3/4 cup non-fat or low-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 0.4-ounce packet of dry ranch salad dressing mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce (I use about 1/2 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain in a colander. Transfer to a large bowl. Add in the peas, carrots, celery, cucumber, red pepper, onion, tomatoes, bacon and olives. Gently mix. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ranch salad dressing mix and barbecue sauce.
- If making ahead, store the pasta salad and the dressing in separate sealed containers in the fridge until ready to serve. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine. Serve cold.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- Per serving (based on 10): 240 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein, 61% vitamin A, 42% vitamin C, 3% calcium, 13% iron
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!