Rich Cabbage SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 2 medium onions, diced shopping list
- 1 medium head green cabbage, diced (shred coarse parts) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 (10.75-oz each) cans condensed tomato soup shopping list
- 2 cups TVP granules shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat groats shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar Twin (or brown sugar) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a small amount of water in a large pot.
- Add onions and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add water, both kinds of tomatoes, broth, tomato soup, TVP granules, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir in lemon juice, buckwheat groats and Sugar Twin.
- Bring to a boil and cook briskly 15 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Yum, sounds fantastic. Love cabbage and it is so comforting in soups throughout the winter. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Back To Basics346 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members