Grilled Jumbo Shrimp SkewersFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled (tails on) and deveined shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pineapple (to fit a skewer) shopping list
- 2 cups skewer-sized green pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar shopping list
- juice of one whole lime shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 12 (12-inch) bamboo skewers shopping list
How to make it
- Combine shrimp in a large non-reactive bowl (glass, plastic or stainless) with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, paprika, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Skewer shrimp, reserving marinade.
- Place on grill, baste with marinade, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn, baste once more and cook until no longer pink, about 3 more minutes.
- Drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Serve immediately.