ZTejas Ancho Chili Fudge PieFrom jaeleepoms 6 years ago
- 2 teaspoons pureed ancho chilies (*) shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 9 in. unbaked pastry shell shopping list
How to make it
- For Ancho Chili Puree - Remove the seeds and stem from one ancho chile pepper, place in a small saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until ancho is tender. Purée in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt the butter and let cool to warm.
- Toast the chopped nuts until lightly brown.
- Beat eggs well and then add sugars and flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add warm butter to the batter and mix well (it is important for butter to be warm so chocolate chips will melt some).
- Add chile puree.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into pastry shell and bake for 45 to 60 minutes until done.