Scalloped PotatoesFrom fewls 8 years ago
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 T. butter shopping list
- 1 tsp melted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 4 large baking potatoes (Idahos work the best) shopping list
- 2 c. heavy cream shopping list
- 8 oz shredded gruyere (or swiss) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Rub cut clove of garlic over a 2 qt baking dish and then brush with melted butter
- Peel and slice potatoes to 1/4 " slice
- Bring the cream to a simmer (be very careful not to boil the cream or it will curdle)
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and stir
- Add potato slices, making sure that the cream covers the potatoes and reduce to medium low.
- Cook until the potatoes are firm about 12 minutes
- Arrange 1/3 of the potatoes to the baking dish with some of the cream, overlapping them
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese and repeat layering until all potatoes are in the dish.
- Pour remaining cream over the potatoes and end with the remaining cheese and dot with butter
- Place the baking dish on a cooking sheet
- Bake until golden brown on top and bubbly for about 30 minutes
- Let dish set for about 5 minutes.
- Leftovers can be slowly microwaved but it isn't pretty, just delicious!
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!