Chicken Pineapple OrientalFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or cubed shopping list
- *I use rotisserie chicken shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 6oz. pkg. frozen pea pods shopping list
- 1 5oz. can water chestnuts, drained and sliced shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. green onion. sliced shopping list
- 1 celery rib, peeled and sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn starch shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- or half cold water and half pineapple juice from tidbits shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges shopping list
- 1/4 cup of pineapple tidbits shopping list
- chow mein noodles warmed, or hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep skillet or wok combine chicken, chicken broth, pea pods, water chestnuts, green onion, celery and ginger and heat to boiling.
- Combine corn starch, water and soy sauce in a small bowl then stir into the chicken mixture.
- Cook and stir until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add the tomato wedges and pineapple tidbits and heat until hot.
- Serve on chow mein noodles or cooked rice.
- Makes enough to serve 4.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating1 people
Honey, I'd love to give you 10 forks but I can only give you 5. This recipe is just what I've been looking for and you're a dear for sharing it with all of us.laadeedaa in loved it