Chocolate-Chunk Oatmeal Cookies with FruitFrom akarlin 9 years ago
- 1 ¼ cups flour shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 2 ¼ cups oats shopping list
- 1 cup dried tart cherries or cranberries (5 oz), chopped coarse shopping list
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate , chopped into chunks shopping list
- 1 ½ sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar (10 ½ oz) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Stir together oats, cherries, and chocolate.
- In standing mixer w/ flat beater, beat butter & sugar at medium speed until no sugar lumps remain (1 minute); scrape down bowl. Add egg & vanilla & beat on medium-low until fully incorporated (30 seconds); scrape down bowl. Mix in flour mixture on low speed until just combined (30 seconds); gradually add oats until just incorporated. Gently stir once w/ rubber spatula.
- Drop 6 scoops of dough onto sheet (2 ½ inches apart); roll between palms into 2 inch wide balls; using hands, gently press each ball to 1 inch thickness.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until cookies are medium brown (cookies will seem underdone and will appear raw, wet, and shiny in cracks).
- Transfer baking sheets to cooling rack & cool for 5 minutes; transfer cookies to wire rack & cool to room temperature.
The Cookakarlin Washington, DC
- Not added to any groups yet!