Carrot Cake MuffinsFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- 2 cups firmly packed finely grated carrots shopping list
- juice of 1 large orange shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup light olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup honey, liquefied in microwave (30 sec.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed or chopped pineapple, drained shopping list
- 1 cup unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the carrots, orange juice, vanilla, olive oil, honey, and pineapple until well blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, and spices. Mix in the walnuts.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture, stirring until just mixed.
- Pour the batter into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with paper liners. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- NOTE: You can also pour the batter into a nonstick 8-inch-square baking pan and bake for 45-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, cut into 12 pieces, and serve.