The Marathon MealFrom clee517 5 years ago
- 1-2 lbs of ground beef shopping list
- 4 cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3tbsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 package of spaghetti shopping list
- 1 can kidney beans shopping list
- 2c Shreaded chease, your choice (I recommend Mozz) shopping list
- 1 c white rice shopping list
How to make it
- Day 1
- To begin with take your beef and cook it thoroughly! We dont want any food poisoning on our hands!
- While browning the ground beef use 1 tbs of the seasoning to cook with the Ground beef this enhances the flavor.
- take 3 of the 4 cans of sauce and dump it into the slow cooker along with the rest of the spices, sugar and ground beef.
- Let this cook for a min of 1 hour.
- Boil your pasta according to the package directions.
- Serve the spaghetti with meat sauce.
- Take your leftover sauce and refridgerate.
- Day 2
- Place the sauce ingrediants in the slow cooker along with your can of Kidney Beans.
- This will make a fabulous Chili!
- Serve with Crackers and cheese on the top!
- Once again refridgerate the remaining leftovers.
- Day 3
- place leftovers back into the slow cooker and include this time the rice and additional can of sauce.
- The sauce will plump up the rice and will make a delicious Red Beans Beef and rice dish.
- Serve with Bread and Butter to make Sandwiches with!
- Clean up and be proud at how far you stretched your families food budget!