Cornbread Coated Catfish with Cucumber SauceFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 1 cup chopped, seeded cucumber shopping list
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cornbread stuffing mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. catfish fillets shopping list
How to make it
- For cucumber sauce, in a small bowl combine first 6 ingredients, blend well. Cover and chill a least 15 minutes before serving. May be several hours ahead.
- In shallow dish, combine salad dressing and egg, blend well, Process cornbread stuffing mix in food processor until finely ground, place in second shallow dish. Coat fish fillets evenly in dressing and egg mixture and then in cornbread crumbs. Place on waxed paper lined platter, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Arrange catfish on greased baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve with cucumber sauce, lemon slices and your favorite fish sides.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating2 people
Mmmm...this sounds amazing! Saving this and will try soon! Love the cucumber sauce here too!juels in Clayton loved it
We live on Lake Murray, my son is always bringing me catfish, and I am always hunting for new recipes. Sounds like this is going to be our new favorite. Is there a special brand name corn stuffing? I like that it is baked.....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!