Sausage Stuffed Peppers With ZucchiniFrom ttaaccoo 7 years ago
- 0.5 lb. sweet Italian turkey(or chicken) sausages, casings removed. shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated zucchini shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion shopping list
- 2 T. fresh parsley, minced shopping list
- 2T. fine dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 egg --I used egg replacer, 1/4 cup shopping list
- 1/2 t. black pepper, ground shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. minced fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 medium bell peppers, Red preferred, cut in half, seeded shopping list
- parmesan cheese to dust shopping list
- The Leftover Casserole----Add: shopping list
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes(canned) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 3 baby eggplants, sliced about 1/3inch thick shopping list
- 2 slivered shallots shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, mushrooms, zucchini, red onion, parsley breadcrumbs, egg, rosemary. ( I would add fresh minced garlic 1 or 2 cloves) Mix well. Fill the pepper halves with the mixture equally. Poke holes in the bottom of the peppers and arrange them on a broiler pan.
- Bake peppers uncovered for one hour or until the tops are browned. And the Bell Peppers are cooked. Dust with parmesan cheese and serve!--
- The next day, after the flavors married, and after getting a little tomatoey sauce, and baby eggplants , sliced and baked about 40 mins, 20 minutes, then turn over, and continue until cooked. This was a bit ratatouilley. with turkey sausage. Just loverly. and husb: "I finally found the meat, and it is good. But too many vegetables." (i was a veg. when he met me! )
- calories per serving 203.06
- This is from Zorba Paster On your Health.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
The Rating2 people
I am a great fan of stuffed peppers, normally Lura and I use Spanish rice as the filling. I can see that these would be a nice change and delightful. Thanks for posting it.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!