Crab Cakes with Apricot SauceFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- crab cakeS shopping list
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage shopping list
- Pure canola oil, for frying shopping list
- SAUCE shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups apricot preserves shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- COMBINE 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seafood seasoning in medium bowl.
- 2.MIX in the crabmeat gently; form into 24 cakes; refrigerate 30 minutes to several hours before proceeding.
- 3.PLACE the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; coat the crab cakes in the crumbs. Pour oil into a large saute pan to a depth of 1/2 inch; heat over medium high heat. Carefully add the crab cakes in batches and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined tray to drain.
- 4.COMBINE preserves and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Serve either hot or cold.