Egg Drop Soup with Crispy WontonsFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- 4 wonton wrappers shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup dried fine egg noodles shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Spray both sides of wonton wrappers with no-stick cooking spray; slice into 1/4-inch strips.
- PLACE strips on prepared sheet; bake just until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- BRING chicken broth, water, soy sauce, ginger and garlic to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Remove ginger and garlic with a slotted spoon and discard.
- STIR in noodles; simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stirring soup in a circular motion, add eggs in a slow, steady stream. Simmer, undisturbed, until strands of egg are cooked, about 1 minute.
- REMOVE from heat; stir in most of the green onions (reserve some for garnish) and sesame oil. Season with salt. Ladle soup into serving bowls: garnish with wonton strips and reserved green onion slices. Serve.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!