Blackened Chicken AlfredoFrom mamalou 5 years ago
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts, cut in half shopping list
- 1 cup red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 cup scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup button mushrooms sliced shopping list
- cajun spices, enough to coat the chicken (Emeril's essence works) shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tsp butter shopping list
- 2-4 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tbs butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 pound penne pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta al dente, add a little oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer, then coat both sides
- with Cajun spices. Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat and place
- a half-tsp of butter under each chicken breast and the same on top.
- Cook each side about 3 minutes, or until blackened. Set aside.
- In a hot pan, put two TBS of olive oil, the red peppers, scallions
- and mushrooms and saute for two minutes. Slice your blackened
- chicken in long strips. Add to pan. Next, add heavy cream and two tbs butter, and Parmesan cheese, stir constantly over med heat for two to four minutes. You want the sauce to thicken up. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating6 people
this sounds right up my alley thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
We buy a blackened chicken alfredo from Schwan's (a frozen-food home-delivery service), and it's delicious. Now I can re-create it at home. Thanks! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
NEVER MADE BLACKENED CHICKEN BUT I WILL DEFINITELY TRY IT. THANKS SO MUCH - LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!