SAUSAGE STUFFED MUSHROOMSFrom mamalou 8 years ago
- 2 Italian sausages (mild or hot) shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 12 or more large mushrooms shopping list
- 1/3 cup sauce (below) shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tsp. Melted butter shopping list
- 2 tsp flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk, heated shopping list
How to make it
- Remove casings from sausage and crumble into small skillet. Saute gently, stirring often until cooked. (Season with red pepper, if desired). Remove sausage to bowl, leaving fat in skillet. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely dice. Saute stems, onion and garlic in fat until tender. Add to sauce.
- Sauce: Blend butter and flour well, then add hot milk. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Mix sausage mixture into sauce. Arrange mushroom caps in lightly oiled pan and fill with sausage mixture. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!