Banana Chip Cookie RecipeFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups pastry flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or white flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- scant 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup banana chips, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, racks in middle/upper middle. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer, beat the butter until lightly and fluffy, then beat in the sugar until it is the consistency of a thick frosting. Beat in the eggs one at a time, incorporating each fully before adding the next, and scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times. Stir in the vanilla. Add the reserved flour mix in two increments, stirring/mixing a bit between each addition (but not too much). By hand, stir in the banana chips, chocolate chips and walnuts - mix just until everything is evenly distributed.
- Drop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto the prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart and bake for about 7 - 8 minutes, until barely golden on top and bottom. Resist over baking, they will come out dry and not as tasty. Cook on racks.
- Make about 24 cookies.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!