Quick Stewed Shrimp With Tarragon And Tomato SauceFrom grumblebee 5 years ago
- 3 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 carrots, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 white mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 2 lbs large shrimp ,peeled and deveined shopping list
- salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- One 15oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 5-6 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves chopped (or 3/4 tsp of dried) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, shallots and mushrooms and cook until tender, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring a few times, until pink and almost firm, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in white wine, tomato sauce and tarragon and heat through for 1-2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce in shallow bowls with hunks of the bread for mopping.