Cabbage RollsFrom princessannie12 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup cooked white rice shopping list
- 8 cabbage leaves shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 can diced tomato w/basil and oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp worcheshire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, chopped onion, rice, soy sauce, worcheshire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, 2 spoon fulls of diced tomato, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water a boil. Separate 8 large cabbage leaves from the head, and place in boiling water. Boil until soft, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from water, and set aside.
- Into the center of each leaf, place a small amount of the meat mixture. Fold in the sides, and roll up from the bottom.
- Place a layer of sauerkraut in the bottom of a large pot. Arrange cabbage rolls in a single layer over the sauerkraut, seams down. Cover with remaining diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 40 minutes.