Chicken With Dates And NutsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups cooked chicken cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic sliced very thin shopping list
- 4 scallions white and light green parts sliced large shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sage shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated shopping list
- 4 pieces bacon fried crisp but not overdone and crumbled large shopping list
- 6 pitted dates cut in thirds shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- When oil is hot add garlic and scallions then cook until wilted but not browned.
- Pour off oil leaving scallions and garlic then add stock, wine, sage, thyme, pepper and ginger.
- Adjust heat as needed so mixture is simmering then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add bacon, chicken and dates then cook just until heated through.
- Remove from heat then add almonds and stir.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.