Coffee Can Ice CreamFrom cobrien05 8 years ago
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 6 cups crushed ice shopping list
- 2 cups coarse salt (rock salt) shopping list
- Optional: 1/3 cup sliced strawberries or fruit of your choice. shopping list
How to make it
- Thoroughly clean a large and a small coffee can with lids.
- In smaller can, combine cream, half-and-half, sugar and vanilla.
- Cover with lid and place in the center of larger can. Pack 3 cups ice around smaller can along with 1 cup salt.
- Roll can back and forth across a hard, level surface for 10 minutes.
- With a spatula, scrape ice cream to center and stir. (If you are adding fruit, do so at this time.)
- Repack larger can with remaining ice and salt. Continue rolling until firm, about 5 minutes. Keep frozen.
- Makes about one quart of ice cream or 4 servings.
The Cookcobrien05 Chandler, AZ
The Rating3 people
Oh, what fun! (I wanna make coffee ice cream, too!).misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
So cool! Thank you for sharing!! ^^5
madmommy in Wayne loved it
wow talk about memories we did this at camp years ago when I was in boy scouts.lol and yep it really works. thanks for the memory jolt and the recipe.bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it