Cherry-pecan Miniature Corn MuffinsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans -- toasted shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs -- lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter -- melted/cooled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray miniature muffin pans with nonstick cookware spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, pecans and cherries. Set aside. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the buttermilk and the eggs. Pour the buttermilk mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Fill the muffin tins with batter to the rim of each cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes until the tops are lightly brown.