Microwave Ready Turkey Cheese ManicottiFrom pandamanda 5 years ago
- 1 package manicotti noodles, cooked. shopping list
- 1 16oz container of ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 16oz block of mozzarella cheese or package of shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 package of ground turkey, cooked, seasoned to taste, drained. shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- garlic to taste shopping list
- basil to taste shopping list
- 1 16oz jar of marinara sauce (or any sauce of your preference) shopping list
- *Optional shopping list
- 1/2 a package of pre-washed baby spinach shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve a handful or two of mozzarella cheese off to the side.
- Mix the ricotta, the rest of the mozzarella, cooked turkey, in a bowl.
- Season with garlic and basil (and any other spice you feel is appropriate) to taste.
- Once the seasoning is to your liking, add the egg and mix well.
- If you decide to add spinach mix that in as well.
- Take your cooked manicotti noodles, making sure they are cooled off enough to touch, and use a small spoon (I sometimes find using my bare, well washed hands is better) to stuff the mixture into the noodles.
- Have your microwave containers ready and place the stuffed noodle into a container. I usually put three manicotti noodles to a container.
- Once all your noodles are stuffed, open your jar of sauce (or can, or your pot of home-made sauce) and pour on top of the stuffed noodles. You can add a lot of a little sauce; it’s really up to your preference.
- Then take the reserved mozzarella cheese and sprinkle it on top of the manicotti noodles. Place lid on and refrigerate or freeze.
- To reheat the manicotti for serving, for refrigeration just place it in the microwave for about 3 minutes, or until heated through depending on your microwave.
- For frozen I found that about 5 minutes works, but again that’s in my microwave. Just make sure it’s heated through and it should be good to go!