Mothers Traditional Rice PuddingFrom cherryflower70 5 years ago
- Rice- ½ cup Preferably scented rice like basmati uncooked shopping list
- Milk- 2 lit milk ( evaporated milk powder can also be dissolved and used.) shopping list
- Sugar- 1cup shopping list
- raisin - ½ cup shopping list
- Cashewnut-1/2 cup shopping list
- Cardamom- 4 nos shopping list
- Bay leaf - 2nos shopping list
- Desiccated coconut cut into small fine pcs shopping list
- Cherry – for garnishing shopping list
How to make it
- Wash rice and Soak rice for 3omins or so.
- Drain rice just before adding in to milk
- Boil milk in low flame and let it thicken for some time.
- Add bay leaf.
- Add soaked rice when the volume of milk reduces almost half.
- Stir it so that it is not stuck to the bottom.
- When rice gets half cooked add raisin , cashew nut , coconut pcs, shelled cardamom seeds.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add sugar when rice is almost cooked and stir it continuously so that sugar gets mixed.
- (Don’t add sugar before rice is cooked otherwise rice will remain uncooked!!)
- When rice is cooked and milk is almost mixed up with rice remove from flame.
- Let it cool.
- Serve garnishing with cherries.