Mexican Pineapple PuddingFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 12 ladyfingers, split horizontally (or pound cake, sliced ¼ inch (5 mm) thick) shopping list
- apricot jam shopping list
- 2 cups (500 ml) finely chopped fresh (if possible) or canned pineapple shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blanched almonds, ground in a food processor or blender shopping list
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry sherry (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the pineapple, ground almonds, egg yolks, sugar, half (1/4 cup, 60 ml) of the optional sherry, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Set aside to cool.
- Spread a thin layer of apricot jam on the ladyfingers or pound cake.
- Place half in the bottom of a serving dish and sprinkle with half the remaining sherry.
- Spread half the pineapple mixture on top.
- Chill for at least one hour, and spread a layer of sour cream on top.
- Garnish with the toasted almonds.
- Serves 4 to 6.