Southwestern Fried ChickenFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 8 skinned chicken breast shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- Rub chicken with 3 tablespoons spice mixture; set remaining spice mixture aside.
- Place chicken in a baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refridgerator 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from dish; discard buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine remaining spice mixture, breadcrumbs, and cornmeal in a shallow dish; stir well.
- Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture, and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes then lightly spray chicken with cooking spray and bake an additional 20 minutes... do not turn chicken..