Amish BreadFrom falafel_fanatic 6 years ago
How to make it
- Mix 5 cups flour with dry yeast.
- Dissolve sugar, salt and margarine in hot water.
- When completely mixed, combine with flour and yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Continue adding flour until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Continue to knead for 100 strokes.
- Place dough in large bowl that has been lightly coated with oil. Cover, let rise for 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in mass. Punch down dough.
- Form into 2 loaves, place into loaf pans.
- Cover; let rise for 45 minutes or until a moist finger pressed into the end of loaf lightly does not fill in.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° F. for 30 to 35 minutes. Loaves are done when they sound hollow when tapped on bottom.
- Makes 2 loaves.