Old Fashioned Plum DumplingsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil, could be melted butter or oleo shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup room temeprature skim milk, could be whole milk shopping list
- 8 to 10 medium plums, washed, pitted, cut in half if needed shopping list
- Or smaller plums and you will get more dumplings shopping list
- Toppings: honey, buter, cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, dry and pit plums.
- Use ripe but not overly soft plums
- prepare dough
- Combine dry ingredients.
- make a well in center of dough and add fork beaten yolks, oil and lemon juice.
- Using a large mixing fork, combine mixture adding enough milk to make a soft dough that leaves sides of bowl.
- Knead bruiefly and form into a ball
- leave on counter covered while you bring a pot of salted watrer to a boil.
- On a flourled surface roll out dough thinly to a large rectangle.
- Cut dough sinto 8 to 10 large squares or as many as you can for plums.
- Place plum in center ( or half a large plum in center ) of dough and wrap dough around plum to seal well.
- Gently drop dumpling into boiling water and boil uncovered 10 to 12 minutes.
- They will float to the top but boil for the full time
- Drain with slotted spoon and place in serving bowl or individual bowls and drizzle with butter, honey and cinnmon.
- Note: one can freeze uncooked formed dumplings.
- To cook frozen dumpling, do not thaw but place in boiling water and increase time another 10 to 12 minutes.