Maple Curry Chicken PastaFrom wyn 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat (or shrimp) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used whipping cream) shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot curry paste or curry powder shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and peppers, and cook until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in cooked chicken and garlic, and sprinkle with sugar. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes, then stir in maple syrup, and cook for about 5 more minutes, until caramelized.
- 2. Stir in curry paste/powder and cream, and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
- 3. Serve over rice or penne pasta.
The Cookwyn Halifax, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!