Almond Rum CakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions substituting milk for 1/2 of the water.
- Spray pans with nonstick cooking spray and bake in 3 round cake pans for 20 minutes.
- When cool whip cream, sugar and rum until fairly thick then reserve 1/3 for top of torte.
- Mix chopped almonds into remaining 2/3 cream.
- Remove any crumbs from sides of cake layers.
- Place one layer on a plate and spread with half of the almond cream mixture.
- Do not cover sides.
- Place a second cake layer on top and spread top with remaining almond cream mixture.
- Place final layer on top and cover top only with reserved plain cream.
- Garnish as desired with more toasted almonds or chocolate curls.
- Chill until ready to serve then refrigerate leftovers.