Chocolate Basil TrufflesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place chocolate in medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place cream and basil in small saucepan and set over low heat.
- Warm cream until small bubbles appear around edge of pan and cream begins to give off steam.
- Remove pan from heat then cover and set aside to steep at least 30 minutes.
- Strain basil from cream and return cream to simmer over low heat.
- Turn off heat and pour hot cream over chopped chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is completely smooth.
- Add butter and stir until well incorporated.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for an hour or until it is firm enough to shape into balls.
- Scoop out a heaping teaspoonful of chocolate mixture and roll it into a ball between your palms.
- Roll ball in cocoa until it is completely covered.
- Roll it lightly in your palms again to make sure cocoa sticks, then roll again in cocoa.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture.
- If mixture gets too soft to hold its shape place back in refrigerator 10 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!