Cannellini Beans With Roasted Beets And RapiniFrom boofie 5 years ago
- 2 14.5 oz cans organic cannellini beans, rinsed shopping list
- 6 cups rapini (broccoli raab/rabe/whatever you call it) shopping list
- 2 medium-large beets, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Course salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a large sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle a little olive oil on it. Place your prep'd beets in the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bring foil over to make a small pouch and seal the edges by folding them on themselves. Roast beets 40-45 minutes or until they are pierced easily.
- While beets are roasting, saute garlic and shallot in olive oil.
- Rinse your rapini and discard the tough ends of the stalks. Chop remaining rapini into 1" pieces (you may eat the stalks also).
- Add rapini and beans to garlic and shallot and heat through until rapini is tender.
- When beets have finished roasting, allow them to cool for a few minutes and then slice them into bite sized chunks. Add the chopped, roasted beets to the bean and rapini mixture.
- Toss with a little extra olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. So good.