White Chocolate Cranberry BlondiesFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, optional shopping list
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in brown sugar. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and orange peel if desired until blended. Gradually add half of the melted chocolate; beat until blended. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with remaining melted chocolate. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.