PUMKIN ROLL CAKEFrom desertgal 5 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel) shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional) shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- powdered sugar (optional for decoration) shopping list
How to make it
- FOR CAKE:
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack. Cool up to an hour only then unroll.
- FOR FILLING:
- BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
- COOKING TIP:
- Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.
The Cookdesertgal Billings, MT
The Rating5 people
Delicious and gorgeous!! I flagged it as beautiful!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yummy! You should add in the Monthly Contest group - there is a contest on desserts with pumpkin :)elgab89 in Toronto loved it
My all time FAVORITE dessert!!!!!! Thanks!! 5 forks around the world!!!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!