Chicken with Lemon SauceFrom charrm1 8 years ago
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tbps milk shopping list
- 1 cup almonds, toasted, grounded shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, seasoned shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- lemon SAUCE shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 tsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- Salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pat chicken dry.
- Beat egg with milk.
- Mix almonds with bread crumbs and pepper. Lightly dust chicken with flour. Dip chicken into egg mixture, let excess drip off.
- Dip again into almond mixture to coat completely.
- On a 15 X 10" jelly roll pan, heat oil and butter in a 375 degrees F oven for 5 minutes. Place the chicken in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes turning half way through cooking. Remove to a serving platter.
- LEMON SAUCE
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour. Stirring for 30 seconds.
- Gradually whisk in stock, cook stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk egg yolks with lemon juice. Whisk into sauce and cook stirring constantly 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce coats wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and service with cooked noodles.
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!