Cherry Chocolate CupcakesFrom akarlin 8 years ago
- For Cupcakes: 3/4 cup flour (about 3.25 oz) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 3.5 oz chocolate, chopped (I use Callebaut bittersweet, but you can use whatever chocolate you prefer, although I do recommend staying away from milk chocolate) shopping list
- 15 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups sugar (about 8.7 oz) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries shopping list
- 1/4 cup brandy (optional) shopping list
- For mascarpone Frosting: 12 oz mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Line with cupcake foils or grease 2 regular-size muffin pans.
- Chop cherries and transfer to a small bowl. If using brandy, cover cherries in brandy and set aside to plump.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift/mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt chocolate & butter over a double boiler; stir in sugar; let cool for 7-10 minutes. Transfer to mixer and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing for about 30 seconds after each addition.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, & salt into the mixture & mix until blended. Drain cherries & fold into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins and bake for about 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For Frosting: In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks start to form (*Do not overbeat or mixture will curdle).
- Frost cupcakes.
The Cookakarlin Washington, DC
- Not added to any groups yet!