Josephines RisottoFrom akarlin 7 years ago
- 5-6 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- ½ tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1-2 ripe tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 thick slice of prosciutto (about 1/8 pd), cubed (you can also use ham) (optional) shopping list
- 4 cups water + 2 chicken cubes or 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1 8 oz. bag frozen peas shopping list
- salt, pepper, parsley, olive oil & fresh garlic, to taste shopping list
- 8 oz mozarella cheese, cubed shopping list
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water with chicken cubes, making sure that the chicken cubes are fully dissolved and mixed. Keep warm over low heat.
- Using dutch oven over high heat, warm butter and olive oil. Add carrots, celery, and onions; saute over high heat until onions are translucent in color. Add tomatoes and prosciutto and continue to cook for 2-4 minutes. Add arborio rice, stirring constantly for ~ 2-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the rice and stir. Bring rice to a boil, stirring occassionally. Turn heat down to low flame and cover for 12-15 minutes.
- Add peas to the rice and stir. Cover for 8 minutes.
- Stir in cubes of mozarella cheese. Add olive oil, fresh garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, to taste. Stir in parmesan cheese. Remove from heat. To keep warm, keep in dutch oven with cover until ready to serve.
The Cookakarlin Washington, DC
- Not added to any groups yet!