Sausage casserole with savoy cabbage and butter beansFrom sugarpiehoneybun 8 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic (crushed) shopping list
- 500g sausages shopping list
- 55g cubed pancetta, or bacon lardons shopping list
- 4 baby leeks, finely sliced shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 55g chorizo sausage, cut into chunky bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 235g butter beans (drained) shopping list
- 1½ litres vegetable stock shopping list
- 8 mushrooms (medium flat mushrooms), sliced shopping list
- 1 savoy cabbage, shredded and core removed shopping list
How to make it
- Gently heat the olive oil in a deep pan. Add the onions and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add the sausages and gently brown.
- Add the pancetta, leeks and thyme.
- Put in the chorizo and turn the heat up slightly so that it sweats off some of the oil. This gives the leek and onions a lovely orange colour.
- Add the butter beans, stock and mushrooms. Bring this all to the boil, turn down and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cut the Savoy cabbage in half through the centre root, remove the root area and cut into shreds.
- Add all of this to the pan – it may look too much but it does soften and mix in.
- Stir it all through and leave to simmer for as long as possible, at least 25 minutes. The longer the better.
The Cooksugarpiehoneybun Manchester, GB
The Rating4 people
AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing this excellent "5" fork recipe.
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Sounds delicious! thanksmrjwjohnson in Delmar loved it
gotta love this high5 great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!